Hello And Welcome To All In Addi’s Prediction
Match 13, IPL 2018
KKR vs DD Match Preview
Kolkata, April 16 at 08:00 PM IST
After a thumping 7 wicket win over Mumbai Indians, Delhi Daredevils head to Kolkata to take on Kolkata Knight Riders. Jason Roy proved to the trick DD was missing, as the opener made an instant impact to hand the Daredevils their first win of the competition.
On the other hand, Kolkata was found wanting against Sunrisers Hyderabad on Saturday night fixture, to go down easy. KKR made far too many changes in the playing XI, batting order and bowling options. And, the whole experiment failed! The home side will be looking for a more assured performance in front of their fans.
KKR VS DD TEAM NEWS
After losing their home match to Sunrisers Hyderabad the Kolkata franchise KKR has been struggling. Their IPL 2018 campaign needs a real boost. The two-time IPL champions got off to a good start when they defeated Royal Challengers Bangalore in their opening match but lost back to back matches to CSK and SRH. Now, they are all set to take on DD on Monday. When hosts KKR will play this match after losing their home game DD will take on KKR after winning a thrilling match against Mumbai Indians. So, before the match, we would scan their strengths and weakness.
Kolkata Knight Riders
- After a dismal performance in the last game, KKR could make a few changes to their lineup.
- Stay tuned for KOL vs DEL Team News
- Delhi Daredevils will be happy about their batting lineup that finally fired against Mumbai.
- However, they will be concerned about their bowling and can make a couple of changes there.
- Stay tuned for KOL vs DEL Team News
Men in Purple played 21 matches against DD and won 12 matches while their opponent DD won 8 matches while one match was abandoned. So, with such a good record against DD the hosts, KKR will start the match as a favorite.
Home conditions-As the match is going to be played at the Eden Gardens, the home of KKR, the Kolkata side will enjoy an edge over DD. As the match is going to be played at familiar conditions the hosts will start the match as a favorite.
A strong batting attack- KKR has a batting attack which is yet to fire. The likes of Chris Lynn, Robin Uthappa, Sunil Narine, Andre Russell and Dinesh Karthik are known for playing quickfire innings. However, they are yet to fire. So, it is expected that they will fix their issues and will come hard on DD.
KKR’s biggest weak point is a shaky bowling attack. In the previous two matches, KKR lost their matches owing to a sloppy bowling attack. In the match against CSK Vinay Kumar leaked a lot of runs which cost KKR the match and in the match against SRH Russell went expensive. Hence, KKR has to improve their bowling attack for a better result in the upcoming match.
DD will come to play this match in the back of their thrilling win against Mumbai Indians at the Wankhede stadium. So, after winning their first match of IPL 2018 they will not let the winning momentum go. So, they will also play for a win.
Strong batting line-up – DD has a batting attack who has the caliber to blow away opposition bowlers. The likes of Colin Munro, Jason Roy, Gautam Gambhir, Glenn Maxwell, Rishabh Pant and Chris Morris are known for playing quickfire innings.
Bowling attack- DD’s bowling attack has the caliber to defend the target set by the batsmen. In the previous match, DD bowlers restricted Mumbai Indians for a decent total which helped DD batsmen to chase down. Bowlers like Chris Morris, Trent Boult, and Shahbaz Nadeem are good enough to support DD’s cause.
DD’s main concern will their poor record against KKR. DD has won only eight matches against KKR. So, this time they will look for a better record against the Men in Purple.
KKR VS DD PLAYING 11
KKR made 3 changes in the last game but the move did not work too well. Again, they can make a couple of changes for a better balance.
KKR Playing 11: Chris Lynn, Sunil Narine, Robin Uthappa, Nitish Rana, Dinesh Karthik (c & wk), Shubman Gill/Rinku Singh/Ishank Jaggi/Apoorv Wankhade, Mitchell Johnson/Javon Searles, Shivam Mavi/Prasidh Krishna, Piyush Chawla, Kuldeep Yadav
DD look sorted in their batting while they can make a couple of changes in their bowling.
DD Playing 11: Jason Roy, Gautam Gambhir (c), Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Vijay Shankar/ Gurkeerat Singh Mann/Manjot Kalra/Abhishek Sharma/ Naman Ojha,, Daniel Christian/ Liam Plunkett/Chris Morris, Rahul Tewatia, Shahbaz Nadeem/Amit Mishra/Jayant Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Trent Boult
(Stay tuned for updates on KKR vs DD Playing 11)
KKR VS DD KEY PLAYERS
Kolkata Knight Riders:
- Andre Russell and Dinesh Karthik have played the innings of substance for the home side.
- Chris Lynn made a scrappy 49 in the last game but that would give him confidence.
- Sunil Narine and Piyush Chawla are the leading wicket-takers for KKR.
- After a stellar show against MI, Jason Roy is definitely a KOL vs DEL key player.
- Delhi batting looks fine at the moment, with Roy and Pant getting into the groove.
- Trent Boult is the leading wicket-taker for DD.
KK VS DD DREAM11 PREDICTION
- In our KKR vs DD Dream11 team, we have picked Dinesh Karthik ahead of explosive Pant for he is a quality player in wicketkeeping role.
- In batting, we have gone in with Gambhir, Lynn, Roy, and Rana.
- Glenn Maxwell, Sunil Narine, and Andre Russel are our all-rounder picks.
- We have picked three bowlers – Tewatia, Chawla, and Kuldeep.
Gautam Gambhir vs Sunil Narine
Both of them played for KKR and led the franchise to IPL trophy win. So, they know each other very well. Each other’s familiarity will help them to play in a better way. While knows the strengths and weakness of Narine. The West Indies also knows a lot about Gambhir. So, it will be an interesting battle to watch.
Chris Lynn vs Trent Boult
In the second battle, Chris Lynn and Trent Boult will face each other. Boult is a former KKR bowler and Lynn still plays for KKR. So, it will be another interesting battle two former KKR players.
Pitch Report & Weather Condition
Mostly Sunny 102° F/ 39° C ~ Kolkata Knight Riders vs Delhi Daredevils 16th April 2018
Match Details :
- Match Info: Delhi Daredevils(DD) vs Kolkata Knight Riders(KKR), 13th Match, Indian Premier League, 2018
- Match Date: 16 April 2018, Monday
- Match Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Match Time: 02:30 PM GMT / 08:00 PM LOCAL
- Total Capacity: 63,000 Seats
- Avg 1st Innings Total: 148 Runs
- Avg 2nd Innings Total: 128 Runs
- Highest Score: 201/5 (20 Over) by Pak vs Ban
- Lowest Score: 70/10 (15.4 Over) by Ban vs NZ
- Highest Chased: 161/6 (19.4 Over) by WI vs Eng
- Lowest Defended: 145/8 (20 Over) by NZ vs Ban
KKR Will win the toss and will decide to bowl first
[ Play Safe In Toss ]
Disclaimer: This website created for only cricket lovers, who want to know more information about cricket. Cricketwinner.in is not an online gambling website. We are not responsible for gambling or cricket betting.
Predictions Coming Soon…
Posted By ‘Mi Lu’